What you'll gain from this course...
Who this course is aimed at
This course is aimed at companies who are contemplating outsourcing their logistics to a logistics services provider. Whether you are in the early stages of outsourcing, contemplating changing from one supplier to another - this course is for you!
Very experienced tutor, lots of real life examples. Covered a lot of topics that I had never expected. Excellent
What you get!
A seven point guide on how to decide whether to outsource and once decided how you go about the outsourcing process. Example contracts, templates and decision tables.
- An introduction to out-sourcing - is it the right strategic move? (3:56)
- Step 1 - Profile the outsourcing requirement (4:00)
- Step 2 - Collect information and formalise strategy (1:10)
- Step 3 - Produce a supplier portfolio, generate RFI (4:59)
- Step 4 - Generate a RFP (1:22)
- Step 5 - Negotiate and select competitive supplier(s) (1:15)
- Step 6 - Integrate supplier into operations (3:06)
- Step 7 - Continuous benchmarking and improvement (1:37)
- Outsourcing Logistics Operations Case Study 1 (3:28)
- Final thoughts and conclusion (1:38)
As an accredited tutor with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), in 2008 Gwynne was my tutor on a Warehouse Management course.
Since then, Gwynne has proven to be an invaluable mentor and I hold the highest regard for the breadth and depth of Gwynne's detailed knowledge covering all aspects of logistics and supply-chain; he is diligent, always prompt and has helped me further develop my commercial knowledge of:
- Outsourcing Decisions
- Performance Management
- Warehouse Improvements, and
- Managing Supplier Relationships
Gwynne is articulate and has an instinctive ability to quickly simplify and break-down complex logistics issues. I recommend Gwynne as a trainer and his book is a must-read: The Logistics Outsourcing Handbook - Barry Thomas Teva Pharmaceuticals